Labels

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Good Works #3

3. Read Mosiah 18:7-10, and in your journal list three ways you can comfort others or help them bear their burdens. Do the things on your list, and tell a family member or leader about the experience and how your attitude and understanding have changed.

April 4, 2010: Goals
~ Ways I can comfort others or help them bear their burdens ~
1. Be a listening ear. Listen attentively when others need to share their difficult situations.
2. Smile at acquaintances and strangers I meet on the street, at the store, at church, at work, etc.
3. Look for opportunities to serve others - simple things such as opening a door or giving directions or helping wherever I see a need.

June 24, 2010: Results
After striving for several weeks now to 1) be a listening ear, 2) smile at others, 3) look for opportunities to help, I find that these weeks have overall been very pleasant. I know I have been happier and more full of hope and I have even made some new friends and strengthened other relationships. It is a blessing and privilege to serve others and be instruments to help those in need.

No comments: