Labels

Monday, November 22, 2010

VIRTUE PROJECT

The Savior chose to live a virtuous life. Follow His admonition to “learn of me” (D&C 19:23) by reading the entire Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ. Liken the scriptures to your life and circumstances. As you read, record your thoughts regularly in your journal. Note the example of the Savior. What did He and those who followed Him do to live virtuous lives? At the completion of your reading, record your testimony.

“I told the brethren that the Book of Mormon was the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book” (Joseph Smith, in introduction to the Book of Mormon).

MY TESTIMONY OF THE BOOK OF MORMON

“And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost” (Moroni 10:4).

I know the Book of Mormon is true and I am grateful that I have had the opportunity to read it again. It has been a blessing to read it once more. It has been a blessing to read along with the young women and as their leader. I have seen so many wonderful principles and doctrines come out of the scriptures that bless those young girls and help me be a better leader.

I am also so very grateful for the timely scriptures that have helped me get through a very difficult time of my life as Dave and I have battled issues with infertility. I am so grateful for the power and strength that come into my life as I make scripture study a priority and habit.

Additionally, as I read the words of the ancient prophets and all their hopes and desires for us in these latter-days, I feel the great love our Heavenly Father has for each of His children. Thousands of years ago He knew our challenges - and mine specifically - and He provided the Book of Mormon as a source of comfort to give me the strength to carry on and endure the trials I face. I know Heavenly Father loves me and I know the Book of Mormon is true!

No comments: