Labels

Saturday, October 30, 2010

GOOD WORKS PROJECT

March 2010

My project is: To better my homemaking skills. I will collect new recipes, make new and different foods from all the "usuals," become better at following recipes, plan ahead, and make family dinner a priority -- that is, dinner sitting down together in our home.

My plan to carry out my project is:
1. Complete my recipe collection.
2. Select 10 new recipes and make them exactly according to directions.
3. Perpetuate the habit of family dinner by having it ready by 6:30 or earlier each night.
4. Plan several menus for the week or month and shop for ingredients.


October 30, 2010

My evaluation of the project is: Making dinner for my family or others or sharing treats with others has brought be much joy. I love seeing the finished results of the food I cook and I love having others enjoy what I make. As I continue to make meals I will be serving my family and showing them my love, I will be saving us money, and I will be helping to improve our diets - because what is made in the home is almost always healthier. This project has been fun to do because it helps me improve a skill and talent I enjoy while serving others - which makes service fun for me!

No comments: