Labels

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Knowledge #1

1. Learn about the importance of gaining knowledge by reading Proverbs 1:5, 4:7; 2 Nephi 28:30; and Doctrine and Covenants 88:78-80, 118; 90:15; 130:18-19; 131:6. Think about why you need to gain knowledge and understanding about how to apply gospel principles to your present and future home and family life. Write in your journal what you have learned about knowledge, and discuss it with a family member or Young Women leader.

September 19, 2010
* Proverbs 4:7 - wisdom and understanding are the principal things to acquire
* Proverbs 1:5 - wise people seek more knowledge and then heed it -- Like seeking gospel knowledge and then keeping those commandments.
* 2 Nephi 28:30 - the Lord gives us knowledge and then gives us more as we keep the commandments
* D&C 88:78-80 - as we teach others what we have learned our knowledge and understanding expands, in gospel learning and secular; v. 118 - learning takes faith
* D&C 90:15 - seek to learn from all things good
* D&C 130:18-19 - the knowledge we gain in this life goes on with us
* D&C 131:6 - we must have knowledge to be saved

I think sometimes we forget how important it is to be constantly learning -- I sure do. I think I am finished with school and I have learned enough but according to the scriptures I must always be seeking knowledge and understanding -- and not just about the gospel but the good things of the world as well. But, there are things I had to learn in school that hold no interest to me, then or now. I don't think I necessarily have to have such a broad range of learning now but instead can really focus on my interests: cooking, home arts, families, marriages, piano, etc. It is important to just be learning in whatever avenues I can. Of course, always keeping the gospel at the center of that learning!

No comments: