Labels

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Faith #3

3. Living gospel principles requires faith. Read about faith in the Bible Dictionary or True to the Faith. Faith in the Savior Jesus Christ leads to action. Choose a principle such as prayer, tithing, fasting, repentance, or keeping the Sabbath day holy. In your own home or another setting, plan and present a family home evening lesson about how faith helps you live that gospel principle. If possible, ask a family member to share an experience that has strengthened his or her faith. Share your own experiences as well. In your journal write down one of those experiences and describe your feelings about faith.

October 3, 2010

* Bible Dictionary, "Faith": required for salvation, strong faith is developed through obedience to the gospel, principle of action and power (by it one can heal the sick and more), brings an assurance of things hoped for

* Faith in the Savior leads to action: Paying Tithing
I love the scriptures in Malachi where the Lord promises to open the windows of Heaven and pour out more blessings than we can hold if we pay our tithing. I have always believed that and I have seen it in my life. As I prepared to serve a mission, in just a few short months I went from having very little in savings to having enough to pay for nearly one-third of my mission. I know this was a blessing because I have always striven to be a full tithe payer.

No comments: