Labels

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Choice and Accountability #1

1. A daughter of God can make wise decisions and solve problems. Read 1 Nephi 15:8; 2 Nephi 32:3; Alma 34:19–27; Ether 2–3; and Doctrine and Covenants 9:7–9. Follow a pattern of regular scripture study and prayer to receive help in making personal decisions such as choosing good friends, being kind to others, getting up on time, or other decisions. Discuss with a parent or leader how regular scripture study and prayer helped you make correct decisions.


~ Make wise decisions and solve problems ~
* 1 Ne 15:8 = inquire of the Lord.
* 2 Ne 32:3 = read the scriptures and they will tell you what to do.
* Alma 34:19-27 = pray and be humble; pray continually.
* Ether 2-3 = serve God and receive the promised land; repent, obey the commandments; pray and ask specific questions or for specific help; come up with a solution and take it to the Lord.
* D&C 9:7-9 = study out the problem in your mind and then ask the Lord.

~ How have scripture study and prayer helped me make correct decisions? ~
When I make scripture study, prayer, and obedience a habit I am close to the Spirit and I can know what I should do. Through prayer I knew when to serve a mission, who to marry, and I have been directed where to go to school, live, and even work. It helps me know that God is in my life and helps me make righteous decisions that will affect life now and my eternity. I always want to live close to the Spirit and find answers through prayer and scripture study.

No comments: